You performed a search for: Skills / Experience: Marketing & PR
There are 15 record(s) that match your criteria.
You'll receive training and have the chance to educate hundreds of festival-goers about where to place their waste.
Help raise community awareness, encourage proper waste diversion, and make sure as little as possible is sent to landfill from this event. Extensive hand sorting of waste is not required.
*Eligible for high school volunteer hours.
You can volunteer with family members or friends. Or even sign up with a larger group like members of a club, workplace team, faith community or sports team. Waste Diversion Ambassadors usually work in pairs.
For dates and locations, see our sign up sheet at the more information link.
• Works together with the Executive team to decide which events HBFI will participate in, and host.
• Annual events:
HBFI participates in Multicultural Event, and Oakville and Burlington Children’s Festivals
HBFI hosts Spring Movie, World Breastfeeding Week Family Picnic, and Canadian Breastfeeding Week Family Hike
• Leads event planning work groups. Ensuring that events run on time; that all stakeholders are communicated in a timely and professional manner.
• Oversee all production, set-up, volunteers, event operations, and event signage
• Prepares and submits all applications to relevant City offices for event venues before cut-off dates.
• Arranges all aspects of events: insurance, permits, event budgets, entertainment, food, participating partners, door prizes, giveaways, and baby changing area.
• Collaborates with the Volunteer Coordinator to ensure appropriate\ volunteers are required at all events, and volunteer certificates after events
• Oversees fundraising and donations for events.
• Collaborates with Website Coordinator and Social Media Coordinators for the promotion of community events, including advertising, posters, and distribution.
• Reports progress and updates at meetings or communicates report to the executive if unable to attend meetings.
• Provide post-event analysis by holding an event debrief.
• Prepares an annual report for the AGM.
• Manage the storage of materials for events
- Usher audience members into the Church, provide programs and sometimes assist in seating more elderly audience members.
- Assist in staging of concerts, moving piano, chairs and stands before and clearing chairs after the concert, etc .
We are looking for volunteers with an interest in:
- understanding how an orchestra concert is presented
- providing excellent customer service to OCO patrons
- helping set up the stage & box office before concerts and tear-down post-concert
- ushering and interacting with patrons
- assisting in raffle and soloist flower presentations
- assisting with intermission reception preparation, execution & clean-up
• Help manage various social media channels for the OCO.
• Amplify key messages via social media, attract qualified followers, drive engagement and increase participation in events and campaigns. You will stay on top of orchestra and audience stories and trends, and breaking news, to seize opportunities to strategically inject OCO into news articles and social discussions.
• Establish, monitor, analyze and communicate PR/social media targets and results. You have great writing skills and an understanding of how to engage and interact with different social media communities.
• Understand social metrics and be able to identify the ‘so what?’ behind them as you’ll be reporting on insights development and measure the success of our campaigns.
What can you expect to do?
• Be curious and constantly seek creativity.
• monitor social media accounts and respond to questions and comments.
• be familiar with the needs of our audience and be able to use social channels accordingly
• report on the success of social media; are we getting more hits, interest and ticket sales.
• assist with the creation of content.
• bring value based upon your experience and interests within the Arts social and advertising space
We are hoping for volunteers who are enthusiastic, creative, optimistic and somewhat experienced in environmental matters, and comfortable in collaborative action. Interest in tree-planting is desirable but not necessary.
Due to Covid, we are not meeting in person, but on line (ZOOM, telephone communication, and email.)
1. Attending and participating in a biweekly Zoom meeting of the Development Committee, usually on a Tuesday evening, from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
2. Brainstorming and engaging in creative, imaginative thinking with a diverse group.
3. As much as possible, following up between meetings to report relevant information or ideas for the following meeting.
We welcome and value a few high school students, but we need a majority of adults. We respect that the students must put their academics first, which usually results in losing students at some time in the year.
Seeking engaged and enthusiastic Graphic Designer for professional opportunity creating branding material for VST a non-profit Canadian historical organization.
Knowledge in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks.
Can you engage an audience and captivate their attention with a look, with a story? Vintage Signals Team is looking for storytellers to engage with audiences from around the world. We've got amazing stories and we need people who can spin a thrilling tale. Have you got that silver tongue? Look into what we have to offer.
If you can take inspiring photographs in a range of lighting conditions and create 2-3 minute videos that inspire people to support our cause, have we got an experience for you! Join our team!
Experience in video/photo editing software is preferred.
The Vintage Signals Team are seeking curators who have an eye for historical artifacts. We need creative ways to display artifacts, equipment and vehicles in exhibitions, events and presentations. We appreciate a hands-on learning approach and would need your expertise to guide the general public through the exhibits.
Are you seeking a professional opportunity providing your expertise in website management? Join our team!
Duties include managing website upgrades, testing for website performance, implement a strategy to increase website traffic, subscribers and troubleshooting website issues
- Obtaining donated items
- Community Awareness/Marketing
- Selling Tickets
- Joining fundraising event committees
members share a keen interest in the well-being and successful performance of the Links2Care
social service programs. To ensure diversity and representation, the successful candidates
should reside in one of the communities served by Links2Care. If helping others and giving back
to the community by serving on our volunteer Board resonates with you, then we would like to
hear from you!
Duties and Expectations of a Board member include:
- Understand and support the principles of fiduciary responsibility of Board of Directors.
- Participate in setting and monitoring L2C’s strategic directions and policies.
- Attend all Board meetings (hybrid of in-person and online for 9 x 2 hours meetings per
year in the evenings, usually on the fourth Wednesday of the month except in July, August
and December); commit to membership on at least 1 Board committee; prepare well for
meetings and discussions.