You performed a search for: Skills / Experience: Writing & Editing
There are 21 record(s) that match your criteria.
We are seeking volunteers to join:
• Program and Event Support
• Outreach and Advocacy
• Language Supports
• Fundraising initiatives
-Utilize expertise in a professional field and provide counsel and advise to support the successful governance of the organization
-Support and provide guidance to the Executive Director in accordance with the Board of Directors By-laws
-Ensure Board By-laws remain current and relevant
-Provide expertise and advice in the development of the overall strategic direction of the organization
-Support and assist in the development of philanthropic resources and fundraising efforts; attend MCRC fundraising events
-Understand and influence, where necessary, public policies that affect MCRC
-Network within the community and advocate on behalf of the organization
-Report to the community and stakeholders at the Annual General Meeting
-Monitor and evaluate the Executive Director's performance
-Participate on Board sub-committees and attend monthly Board meetings
MCRC is especially interested in applicants from diverse backgrounds with expertise in not-for-profit operations and in Law and/or Human Resources.
Please forward your cover letter and resumé to Becky Andrade, Associate Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Based on your background, expertise & special interest, you could help with various organizational initiatives such as marketing, communication, social media, event management & coordination, youth & community engagement, fundraising, donations, program support, administrative support, coaching, recreation, program activities, teaching assistance, education support, general assistance, transportation, food prep, kitchen work, meal preparation, usher, server, games, sports etc.
- Help develop, plan & organize special events and support our organizational fundraising activities.
- Work with other team members to identify, solicit & connect with potential donors, prospects and sponsors.
- Assist create communications, mailing lists, promotional and marketing materials.
- Support other initiatives like annual gala, anniversary celebrations, event programming, volunteer & alumni relations, PR and special campaigns, as needed and assigned.
- Manage highly sensitive financial and other personal information with confidentiality.
- Willingness and ability to travel and meet deadlines is required.
Prior relevant experience in a similar role especially working with non-profit organizations/charities/charitable foundations/schools is preferred but not necessary. Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and computer proficiency. Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail and sense of urgency. Superb in negotiation and relationship cultivation. Creative-thinker, self-starter with ability to work independently and within a team.
• Help manage various social media channels for the OCO.
• Amplify key messages via social media, attract qualified followers, drive engagement and increase participation in events and campaigns. You will stay on top of industry trends, company or customer stories, and breaking news to seize opportunities to strategically inject OCO into timely news articles and social discussions.
• Establish, monitor, analyze and communicate PR/social media targets and results. You have impeccable writing skills and a learned understanding of engaging and interacting with different social media communities.
• Understand social metrics and are able to identify the ‘so what?’ behind them as you’ll be reporting on insights development and some measure the success of our campaigns.
What can you expect to do?
• Be Curious and constantly seek creativity
• monitor social media accounts and respond to questions and comments
• be highly familiar with the tone of the patron and be able to represent across social channels accordingly
• support the creation of monthly trend reports, campaign pulse reports and conduct sentiment analysis
• assist with the creation of organic content (ideation, creative development, copywriting)
• support the management of the monthly content calendars
• participate in research and social listening to uncover insights for strategic planning
• provide thought-starters into new & emerging trends and how they might be applied to current projects and campaigns
• bring value based upon your experience and interests within the Arts social and advertising space
• Responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive multi-channel marketing strategy that helps achieve objectives approved by the Board
• Helps develop, execute and manage OCO’s brand, social media, website, publications, marketing, advertising, and communications in a proactive and strategic manner
• Success is measured by achieving increasing levels of recognition of OCO leading to a target number of concert attendees and associated revenues
• A passion for music and previous experience in event organizing is desirable
• This position reports to the President
Kindly provide copy of CV and a letter indicating interest and motivation in seeking this position.
We are currently looking to fill in 10 positions (at least 3 for French; 5 for Math and 1 each for Chemistry and English) for a volunteer tutor who will be able to help a newcomer students.
- Attend the meeting on the last Thursday of the month (except for Halloween!)
- Take minutes for that specific meeting
- Type up the minutes and create PDF file
The duties include:
- Developing a vision and strategic direction for the organization with a plan to achieve healthy growth
- Serving as a spokesperson for the organization
- Developing and maintaining relationships with new sponsors and advertisers
- Management and governance of the organization
- Developing agendas, chairing Board meetings, and organizing the annual general meeting
- Ensuring the monitoring and evaluating of the quality of collective and individual Board member performance
- Ensuring timely and effective performance of organizational functions necessary for the maintenance of not-for-profit charitable organization tax related status.
- Ensuring the Board is meeting its obligations in relation to effective:
• organizational planning
• efficient and prudent financial management
• resource development and fundraising
• relationships with the community
• management of human resources
• management of responsive, quality programming
Attend and participate in monthly planning meetings (2 hrs per month).
Participate in work groups to create/edit resources, plan and host community events for families.
We are looking for volunteers who would like to work with our Social Media team (interviewing, editing, video and photo) and to work with our Theatre group (writing play scripts, rehearsing lines, setting up final stage presentation)
In The Loop Media (Mondays and/or Wednesdays 9-3).
Theatre group (Fridays 9-3).
Expanding to include hand/arm massage and music therapy.
Expand the awareness of elder abuse, including financial abuse in your communities.
- Help in organizing training, info sessions, workshops and events to celebrate seniors in your communities
- Support and encourage social participation and inclusion of seniors
- Participate in the creation of flyers, calendars and other promotional materials for the purpose of the SEEN project
- Assist with the production and distribution of promotional materials
- Perform outreach activities and other related duties as required