You performed a search for: Skills / Experience: Research
There are 10 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
Do you want to make a real impact in your community?
Do you want to change the future of cancer?
Join the 2022/2023 Relay for Life Burlington volunteer organizing committee and make a difference!
consider yourself a leader?
have experience in event logistics?
have communication skills?
know how to engage your community?
Contribute to delivering an extraordinary experience for hundreds of participants.
Help fund innovative cancer research projects and support programs that make a difference in the lives of those affected by cancer.
Your support is bigger than cancer.
Make a difference today.
Are you ready to be part of something GREAT?
(Select Relay for Life under Campaign Interest)
- Mentor newcomer families or individuals to support a successful transition into their new community.
- Provide an introduction and ongoing support to help the newcomer (and family) get started in Canada.
- Help the newcomer to gain an understanding of Canadian cultural norms, social etiquette, and more.
- Provide opportunities for English language practice and learning (and access to 'ESL' programs, if needed).
- Help the newcomer build a 'social network' and learn new skills.
- Learn about community resources (public and private) and their effective use.
- Able to accommodate a schedule that will have you connecting with your client 1-2 times per week for a minimum of 3-6 months (MONTHLY time commitment is a minimum of 6 to 8 hours)
- You are an immigrant yourself and have been in Canada for MORE THAN 2 YEARS.
You could work alone if you have a successful history in fundraising. Otherwise, you would be working with 2 or 3 other volunteers to collaborate in development of a fundraising campaign - using our newsletter, website (under construction) and Facebook.
We are hoping for volunteers who are enthusiastic, creative, optimistic and somewhat experienced in environmental matters, and comfortable in collaborative action. Interest in tree-planting is desirable but not necessary.
Results is an advocacy nonprofit that believes in mobilizing everyday people (our volunteers) to generate the political will to end extreme poverty in low-and middle-income countries. We focus our work on global health, access to quality education and economic opportunities.
We direct our energy and efforts at government decision makers like party leaders, Members of Parliament and senators because they have the power to improve policies and make the monetary investments needed to end extreme poverty. We also raise awareness by writing letters to the editor (LTEs) and op-eds, using social media, fundraising and more.
Oftentimes the first step is putting these issues on the radar — and keeping the pressure on. It might seem like a small step, but it all adds up into impact.
commitment: 1 year minimum, 1-2 hours per week on average
support structure: Volunteers (virtually) meet in local groups on a monthly basis and rely on their group leader(s) for guidance. Attending other virtual calls and webinars led by Results staff is recommended.
If you’re ready to learn about advocacy, causes and solutions to extreme poverty and committed to taking action every month, join us! *** To volunteer: sign up here: https://resultscanada.ca/join-us/
Our organization is based in Oakville. This position requires a commitment of about 5 hours per week and attendance at board meetings about 8 times per year.
• Help manage various social media channels for the OCO.
• Amplify key messages via social media, attract qualified followers, drive engagement and increase participation in events and campaigns. You will stay on top of orchestra and audience stories and trends, and breaking news, to seize opportunities to strategically inject OCO into news articles and social discussions.
• Establish, monitor, analyze and communicate PR/social media targets and results. You have great writing skills and an understanding of how to engage and interact with different social media communities.
• Understand social metrics and be able to identify the ‘so what?’ behind them as you’ll be reporting on insights development and measure the success of our campaigns.
What can you expect to do?
• Be curious and constantly seek creativity.
• monitor social media accounts and respond to questions and comments.
• be familiar with the needs of our audience and be able to use social channels accordingly
• report on the success of social media; are we getting more hits, interest and ticket sales.
• assist with the creation of content.
• bring value based upon your experience and interests within the Arts social and advertising space
• Ensures the continuous development and sustainability of the Halton BFI website.
• Ensures Wix and Zoho annual fees are paid in a timely manner
• Checks regularly to ensure web pages are accurate and effective, and all links are in good working order.
• Maintains the integrity of the website and makes changes and updates as needed.
• Coordinates with Social Media Coordinator and Event Manager to promote events and initiatives.
• Upload GM/AGM agendas to website one week prior to each meeting.
• Upload GM/AGM minutes and recordings to the website News Page within 3 days of said meetings
• Provides website reports and project reports, as appropriate, at GMs and AGM.
• Provides course registration reports to the Administrative Coordinator
• Regular review of web analytics, identify gaps and opportunities for website improvement and content development
• As required, assist in managing content for website including but not limited to editing, fact checking, image selection, and layout design.
Seeking engaged and enthusiastic Graphic Designer for professional opportunity creating branding material for VST a non-profit Canadian historical organization.
Knowledge in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks.
If you can take inspiring photographs in a range of lighting conditions and create 2-3 minute videos that inspire people to support our cause, have we got an experience for you! Join our team!
Experience in video/photo editing software is preferred.
The Vintage Signals Team are seeking curators who have an eye for historical artifacts. We need creative ways to display artifacts, equipment and vehicles in exhibitions, events and presentations. We appreciate a hands-on learning approach and would need your expertise to guide the general public through the exhibits.