You performed a search for: Skills / Experience: Counseling & Support
There are 14 record(s) that match your criteria.
- To assist with answer phone, transfer calls, take messages, as well as answering door, welcoming visitors, escorting visitors to residents rooms
- Taking, coffee, tea, snacks to residents rooms
- Light housekeeping
- Offering support to residents and families
- Establish and maintain physical and emotional and social/cultural safety
- Provide socio-emotional support and connect group members with additional resources
- Promote, initiate and guide interactions that are characterized by equality and non-judgment
- Role model in the expression of authentic emotion and respectful, empathetic interactions
- Listen empathetically by giving your full attention to the speaker
- Journey alongside members as they navigate their grief and mourn the loss of their loved one
- Reassure group members of the individual nature of grief
- Observe group members’ expressions and reactions
- Identify, intervene and help to resolve conflict
- Explore opportunities for growth and change
- Support survivors of sexual assault and violence (and their support people) on the SAVIS 24 hour crisis line using an anti-
racist/anti-oppression feminist framework
- Complete SAVIS crisis line training and evaluation
- Agree to work 20 hours per month on the crisis line
- Must attend monthly volunteer meetings (6:30pm-8:30pm)
- Schedule shifts with Coordinator
- Submit monthly statistics reports
1. Attending meetings of the Recycling Committee, biweekly;
2. Assisting with building of the Committee;
3. Attending to recycling of materials, to ensure efficiency and proper procedures.
Ideally, you will collaborate with one other member who could replace you in situations of absence.
• Assisting staff with coaching and supervising children at camp
• Equipment collection and maintenance (i.e. inflating soccer balls, collecting cones)
• General help around camp
• Maintain a clean camp environment and help staff meet all safety protocols
• Adhere to and help enforce all camp policies
Qualities we’re looking for:
• Enjoys soccer and sporting activities
• Great with children (ages 5 to 13 years)
• Energetic and enthusiastic
• Responsible and reliable
- Make phone calls to clients that are in need, especially during these hard times
- Assist in various programs that we offer online to clients
- Training will be provided
- Shifts are flexible and are offered to our clients throughout the Region, Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm
- Lived mental health experience considered an asset.
The Women's Centre is looking for volunteers in our Oakville and Milton locations. If you would like to help other women through difficult times, we will provide the training and support so that you can truly make a difference!
Peer Supporter Volunteers provide clients with a safe, supportive environment in which they can explore their options and receive the information and support they need to make positive changes in their lives.
We are especially looking for volunteers for our Milton location to better serve the women of North Halton.
Our volunteers act as positive role models to children of all ages throughout Halton. Individuals are matched with a child/youth in need and spend time doing recreational or social outings in the community. In as little as a few hours a month you can make a significant difference in the life of a child.
Our virtual mentors are currently only visiting with children and youth using various virtual platforms.
~ Visit residents as assigned by Life Enrichment staff to provide companionship and conversation