You performed a search for: Organization / Program Name(s): Habitat for Humanity Halton-Mississauga
There are 9 record(s) that match your criteria.
-Assist with the completion of client applications as needed
-Review and verify client application information by phone
-Request income verification as required
-Schedule in-home assessments and renovation work
-Assistance in the preparation and completion of program documentation
- Update volunteer files
- Assist with documentation of completed hours
- Provide assistance in creating and updating volunteer orientation and training modules
- Assist with updating volunteer literature (position description and manuals)
- Assist with the creation and updating of policies and procedures
- Help with administrative duties as required (photocopying, faxing, etc.)
- Assist with the planning and execution of volunteer recognition programs and events
- Requires some physical strength to perform tasks as assigned
- Able to take direction as required and seek out guidance on projects.
- Perform assigned duties on renovation sites
- Work in collaboration with fellow Crew Members and affiliate staff.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work site at all time.
- Strive for quality
- Ensure safety on site at all times.
- Contribute to a positive and rewarding work environment for all.
- May need to load and unload delivery vehicles
• Assist in answering phone calls
• Periodically review merchandise on shelves to further assist customer inquiries
• Be courteous, respectful and professional to both the customer and your fellow volunteers;
• Train and provide support to all new volunteers as required;
• Ensure work area is clean, tidy and safe at all times;
• Assist in providing information on Habitat for Humanity and making appropriate referrals when appropriate;
• Other duties as required.
The role of the Cashier is to provide assistance to the ReStore with front line cash operations. This support allows HFH Halton to raise funds to cover the affiliate’s operational costs and build homes in the Halton community.
Responsible to: The ReStore Staff member on duty
Screening Process: Interview + provide two References + Police Check
Assisting with loading and unloading of merchandise from donor locations to ReStore receiving docks
Assisting with moving merchandise onto the sales floor
Assisting with the training of new Volunteer Driver Assistants and Drivers when required
Assisting with documenting and verifying items picked-up
• Ensure the merchandise is presented in a tidy, clean and organized manner to encourage sales
• Responsible to know what merchandise is currently on the shelves
• Be able to respond to customer inquiries regarding merchandise when needed
• Assist with loading and unloading donated merchandise from/to customers’ vehicles
• Actively approach customers to help them find items they are looking for
• Be courteous, respectful and professional to both the customer and your fellow volunteers
• Train and provide support to all new volunteers as required
• Ensure work area is clean, tidy and safe at all times
• Assist in providing information on Habitat for Humanity and making referrals when appropriate
• Other duties as required.
Provide customer service
Help with general housekeeping tasks
Assist with pick ups
Repair damaged items and assembles products to sell in the ReStore
● May be required to test large appliances
● Adhere a “tested” sticker to the items tested – with date tested, name and any comments;
● Train and mentor new volunteers as required;
● Ensure work area is clean, tidy and safe at all times;
● Be able to respond to customer inquiries regarding electrical products when needed;
● Assist in providing information on Habitat for Humanity and making referrals when appropriate
● Work collaboratively with other volunteers
● Other duties as required